How many tabs do you have open right now? Four? Nine? Or more like 30, like I do?
A browser-extension called “Tabs For A Cause" will take your New Tab-page and transform it into a way to raise money for charity. Want to help? All you have to do is install the extension and continue browsing as you normally do.
The New Tab page will contain information about the charity you’re raising money for with that tab, a couple advertisements and your “Tabs For A Cause”-stats.
About 90% of the advertsing revenue is donated to charity (the other 10% is used to pay for servers etc). Opening new tabs will help causes like Water.org, Room to Read, Save the Children and many more (click on “Our Causes”).
There’s no easier way to raise money for charity. All you have to do is install the browser extension.
Also, they are very transparent about the financial side of things and you can see exactly how much they donated. A couple stats:
GET THIS EXTENSION AND RAISE MONEY FOR CHARITY JUST BY OPENING NEW TABS
as i’m writing this there’s only extensions available for chrome and firefox, but make sure to check out their website because they might have made more extensions by the time you read this